By Marco Conti
Among Greek commentators during this assortment, readers will locate Justin Martyr, Clement of Alexandria, Origen, Methodius, Eusebius of Caesarea, Athanasius, Cyril of Jerusalem, Basil the good, Gregory of Nazianzus, John Chrysostom, Cyril of Alexandria, Theodoret of Cyr, Procopius of Gaza and John the Monk. between Latin commentators are Tertullian, Cyprian, Novatian, Lactantius, Ambrose, Jerome, Prudentius, Augustine, Paulinus of Nola, John Cassian, Peter Chrysologus, Maximus of Turin, Salvian the Presbyter, Fulgentius of Ruspe, Caesarius of Arles, Gregory the nice, Bede and Rabanus Maurus. Syriac commentators contain Aphrahat, Ephrem, Sahdona, Isaac of Nineveh and Isho'dad of Merv.
Together they set prior to readers a desk of delights and theological insights, a few of that are right here on hand to English readers for the 1st time.
Read or Download 1-2 Kings, 1-2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther (Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture) PDF
Similar christian reference books
Taking a multi-purpose and inter-denominational procedure, this can be a publication addressed to all Christians, who during this sceptical age, might be experiencing a spiritual predicament or doubts as to their dedication to Christ’s instructing and Revelation. when this booklet is written from the foundation of conviction, it insists on demonstrating real facts.
Readers of the Bible are frequently attracted to Jesus's message and ministry, yet they aren't as absolutely susceptible towards Paul. What may still those that love Jesus do with Paul? right here Pauline student J. R. Daniel Kirk deals a clean and well timed engagement of the debated dating among Paul's writings and the portrait of Jesus inside the Gospels.
This 14-week inductive biblical studies of the booklet of Ephesians is assumed scary and foundational for the Christian existence. The Apostle Paul, encouraged through the Holy Spirit, wrote a theological and sensible masterpiece within the booklet of Ephesians. He lays a 3 bankruptcy starting place of who're "in Christ" and what we're part of.
The Priestly Blessing present in Numbers 6:24-26 left a deep imprint upon Jewish and Christian spiritual perform and culture. a few of the ways that the blessing used to be included into those liturgical traditions, for instance, are good documented in various written assets from the prior thousand years.
- Seven Last Words: An Invitation to a Deeper Friendship with Jesus
- "When Gods Were Men": The Embodied God in Biblical and Near Eastern Literature (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- Daniel: A Book by Book Commentary by Today's Great Bible Teachers: Daniel Vol 19 (The Preacher's Commentary)
- Marriage by Capture in the Book of Judges: An Anthropological Approach (Society for Old Testament Study Monographs)
- Letting the Other Speak: Proclaiming the Stories of Biblical Women
Additional resources for 1-2 Kings, 1-2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther (Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture)
1-2 Kings, 1-2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther (Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture) by Marco Conti
- Download e-book for kindle: Napoleon and the World War of 1813: Lessons in Coalition by J.P. Riley
- Stuart Croft,Terry Terriff's Critical Reflections on Security and Change (Contemporary PDF